A quick meal, Veg Biriyani is delicious and easy to make.
- Basmati rice (300 gms)
- Onion (long chopped, 1)
- Tomato (2, chopped)
- Potatoe (1, diced)
- Turmeric powder (1/2 tsp)
- Chilly powder(1 tsp)
- Coriander powder (1 tsp)
- Garam masala (1/2 tsp)
- Cumin seeds powder (1/2 tsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Cooking oil (60 gm)
- Soak rice in water for 20 min.
- In a bowl, add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds powder, garam masala powder, little water and mix well to form a paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a vessel, add onion and saute till it turns light golden brown in color.
- Add potatoes and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and saute for 3 min.
- Add masala paste into the vegetables and mix well for 1 minute.
- Drain water from soaked rice and add the rice into the mixture and mix well.
- Add water 1 inch above the surface of the rice and bring it to a boil.
- Close it with a lid and cook it in a slow flame for 10-12 minutes.
Biriyani is now ready to be served hot.