Aloo Tikki is potato patties made with spices and is a popular Indian street food and used in many recipes. Of late it is also become popular in burgers in India with brands like McDonalds introducing it as a veg burger option.
- Potatoes (2 large, boiled & mashed)
- Carom seeds(1/2 tsp)
- Cumin powder(1/2 tsp)
- Black pepper powder (1/2 tsp)
- Chilly powder( 1/2 tsp)
- Salt (1 tsp) or as per your taste
- Green chilly (1, chopped)
- Coriander leaves (few, chopped)
- Ghee/Butter (2 tbsp)
- In a bowl, add potaotes, carom seeds, cumin powder, black pepper powder, chilly powder, salt green chilly, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Make small balls of lemon size and shape the tikkis of your choice. I m flattening using my fingers and palm.
- In a non stick pan, heat the ghee or butter and place the tikkis over it.
- Shallow fry these tikkis till it turns light golden brown in color on one side. Turn the tikkis and cook the other side as well.
- This would take about 4 minutes each side.
Take it out of the pan and serve hot tikkis with mint chutney or tamarind chutney.