- coconut (grated 1/2 cup)
- coriander seeds (powdered 1 tbsp)
- beetroot (boiled and chopped)
- oil (3 tbsp)
- mustard seeds (1/2 tbsp)
- turmeric powder (1/2 tbsp)
- Asafetida powder(1/2 tbsp)
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves
- Make a mixture of grated coconut and coriander seeds powder.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, turmeric powder, asafetida powder, mixture of grated coconut and coriander seeds and saute.
- Add boiled and chopped beetroot to it and mix well. Add coriander seeds and heat it in a low flame for 3 to 5 min.
- Beetroot poriyal is ready to be served with flat Indian bread(roti, chapati) or steamed rice.
You might also like: