- Cardamom (4, skin pealed)
- Ghee/Clarified butter (1/3 cup)
- Bengal gram flour(1 1/2 cups)
- Cashew-nuts(1 tbsp)
- Sugar(powdered, 1/3 cup)
- Heat a pan, add of ghee or clarified butter in it.
- Once the ghee melts, add 2 cardamom into it and besan or bengal gram flour into to.
- Stir on a very low flame.
- The besan will start to change its colour and begin to turn brownish.Also the raw aroma has changed and you can smell the sweet ghee instead. This will take about 10 minutes, just remember to cook it over a very slow flame.
- Remove the mixture from the flame and allow it to cool completely before you add the cashew and remaining cardamom. Mix it well and and add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Roll the mixture by hand into balls.
Besan ka ladoo is ready to be served. Enjoy!