Bhendi masala – Okra dry curry, a popular dish made with spices and curry masala. A great combination with chapati or bread
- Okra (200 gms, long cut)
- Cooking oil (3 tbsp)
- Cumin seeds (1 tsp)
- Ginger julienne (1 inch)
- basic curry masala/Bhuna masala (2 tbsp)
- Turmeric powder (1/2 tsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Chilly powder (1/2 tsp)
- Heat oil into a heavy bottom pan, add okra and shallow fry for 2 minutes. Remove the okra into another bowl and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add oil (1 tbsp), cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Add ginger juliean, basic curry masala/Bhuna masala and saute will.
- Add turmeric powder, chilly powder and mix.
- Add half cup water and allow the spices to mix.
- Add fried okra and mix well, add salt and cook for 2 minutes.
Bhendi masala or Okra dry curry is now ready to be served with chapaties or bread.