Navratri special recipe, chawal ki kheer
Enjoy this Navratri festival with lots of sweets and snacks and this easy to make chawal ki kheer will add deliciousness and richness along with the other dishes.
Raisins (10 to 12)
Condensed milk(3 tbsp)
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 1/2 an hour. Take almonds and soak it in water for 1/2 an hour. Take a pinch of saffron, pour 1 tsp of water and soak it for 1/2 an hour. Take 10 to 12 raisins and soak in water for 1/2 an hour. The raisins, saffron and almonds are for the garnishing.
- Heat a pan, add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Drain away the water from the soaked rice and add it to the milk.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, slow the flame and simmer it till the rice is cooked in the milk for 15 minutes. Keep on stirring the milk gently.
- For the almonds, peal off the skin and chop them into thick slices.
- Once the rice is cooked, simmer the milk for 25 minutes and continue stirring till the rice and milk forms a creamy texture.
- Once the creamy consistency is reached, add the chopped almonds and saffron along with the water.
- For the raisins, drain away the water and add it to the kheer and mix them all gently. Switch off the flame.
- Pour the kheer in another dish and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
Chawal ka Kheer is now ready to be served chilled. Enjoy!