A kerala preparation, chicken is shallow fried and cooked in spice gravy and flavored in coconut milk. A delicious preparation.
- Chicken (500 gms)
- Ginger garlic paste (1 tbsp)
- Cooking oil (3 tbsp)
- Mustard seeds (1 tsp)
- Dried red chilly( 1)
- Onion (2 large, chopped)
- Green chillies (2, split)
- Curry leaves (few)
- Ginger (1 inch, chopped)
- Potato (1 large, chopped)
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric powder(1 tsp)
- Water (1/3 cup for poatoes to cook)
- Cooking oil (1/3 cup for shallow fry of chicken)
- Chilly powder (1/2 tbsp)
- Tomatoe (1, chopped)
- Water ( 1 cup for chicken to cook)
- Coconut milk (200 ml)
- In a bowl add chicken, ginger garlic paste, mix well and marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a wok, heat cooking oil, add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Add dried red chilly, onion, saute till onion starts to turns pinkish color.
- Add green chillies, curry leaves, ginger chopped, saute for 1 minutes.
- Add potatoes, salt, turmeric powder, water and saute till the potatoes are cooked.
- In another pan, heat cooking oil, marinated chicken and shallow fry them in slow flame till they turn light golden in color.
- Keep this fried chicken aside.
- After the potatoes are cooked, add chilly powder, tomatoes, saute and allow the tomatoes to cook.
- Add fried chicken pieces and mix with masalas.
- Add water, mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Cook the chicken in slow flame.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
Kerala style of chicken curry is now ready. Serve it with steamed rice or chapaties. Enjoy!