- Butter (1 tsp)
- Oil (1 tsp)
- Cumin seeds (1 tsp)
- Onion (1 small, chopped)
- Ginger & garlic paste (1 tsp)
- Makhani gravy (1 cup). Click here for Makhni gravy recipe
- Salt as per taste.
- Boiled & cooked chick peas (1/2 cup)
- Paneer (150 gms, diced). Click here to know how to make Paneer at home.
- Coriander leaves (1 tbsp, chopped)
- Garam masala (a pinch)
- Heat a pan, add butter, oil, cumin seeds and allow the cumin seeds to crackle.
- Add onion and saute till it turns light golden brown in color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the aroma of ginger and garlic spreads.
- Add Makhni gravy into it and mix well.
- Check the seasoning and adjust the salt. I have added 1/2 tsp of salt after adding the makhni gravy.
- Once the gravy comes to a boil, add the cooked chick peas and mix well.
- Add the paneer and mix well so as to allow the masalas to coat all over the paneer.
- Finally sprinkle an pinch of coriander leaves, garam masala and mix well.
- Chole paneer is now ready to be served.
Serve it along with your favourite bread such as chapati, roti plain or butter naan.
To cook the chickpeas or channa, soak 1/4 cup of channa in water overnight.
In the morning, drain off the water and cook the chickpeas or channa along with water and 1/2 tsp of salt in a preasure cooker or a
Cook the the chick peas become soft and tender.