Clafoutis is a French Classical dessert and a very easy to make recipe.
- Prunes(1 cup)
- Lime juice(of half lime)
- Grape juice OR Sweet dessert wine(1 cup)
- All purpose flour(3/4 cup)
- Sugar(1/3 cup)
- Salt(a pinch)
- Vanilla essense (1 tsp)
- Milk(1 & 1/3 cup)
- In a bowl, add prunes, lime juice & Grape juice/Sweet dessert wine and mix well and allow it to marinate for 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, add all purpose flour, sugar, salt, vanilla essence, eggs, milk and mix the ingredients to make a smooth batter.
- Preheat the oven at 170 degree celcuis. Grease a baking dish.
- Sprinkle some sugar to coat the dish lightly. After that place the marinated prunes in the baking dish and pour
- the batter.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes at 170 degree celcius.
- Test the dish to ensure that the batter is cooked thoroughly and remove it from the oven.
Clafoutis is now ready to be served at room temperature. Garnish it with some prunes and enjoy the dish.