Dahi Khadi or Dahi curry is made of yogurt, a rich and creamy preparation, yet nutritious and healthy recipe.
- Yoghurt (400 ml)
- Bengal gram flour (2 tbsp)
- Onion (1 cup, chopped)
- Coriander seeds (1 tsp, ground)
- Curry leaves (few)
- Green chilly (1)
- Asafeotida powder (1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric powder (1 tsp)
- Red chilly powder (1 tsp)
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds (1 tsp)
- Dried red chilly (1)
- In a bowl, add bengal gram flour, red chilly powder, salt, water and mix well to make a paste.
- Wisk the yoghurt and add the bengal gram paste into it and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the asafoetida powder, turmeric powder and ground coriander seeds and saute till the aroma of the coriander seeds spread.
- Add dried red chilly, onion and saute well.
- Add split green chilly, curry leaves and salt.
- Add the yoghurt in the mixture and mix well.
- Bring it to boil.
Dahi curry is ready to be served hot with steamed rice.
You might also like: