Spinach/Palak in its own goodness prevent from vitamin A deficiency disease, itching eyes, harsh effects of UV rays that lead to cataract, eye ulcers and dry eyes, beneficial for high blood pressure patients, Strengthens heart muscles, prevents eyes from , prevents heart attack & stroke, protect the skin from harmful rays of sun including the UV rays, proper development of new nervous system in feotus, required in lung development of foetus & during breast feeding.
Below mentions how to make a simple recipe made of Spinach/Palak
- Palak/Spinach (2 bunches)
- Dal(1 cup)
- Turmeric powder(a pinch)
- Onion (1 medium size)
- Galic blubs(3-4)
- Ginger(1 inch)
- Green chilly (1)
- Lemon juice(1 tsp)
- Oil ( 1 tbsp)
- Dried red chilly(1)
- Garam Masala (1 tsp)
- Cumin seeds (1 tsp)
- Add 3 cups of water in a pot, add dal and pinch of turmeric powder, bring it to boil and cook the dal. Keep it aside.
- Add about 2 cups of water in a pot, add the chopped spinach and cook for about 2 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds. Once the cumin seeds crackle, add the chopped onion, red chilly, green chilly, chopped ginger and garlic and saute.
- Once the aroma of ginger garlic spreads, add the cooked spinach/palak and mix well. Add the cooked dal and mix well. Add the garam masala and salt, mix well and bring it to boil.
- Empty the dal palak in a bowl, add the lemon juice over it.
You might also like: