Chakali ( Muruku) is a crispy and yummy salted snacks made during the Diwali festival along with other sweets.
Enjoy this Diwali with this wonderful recipe that you can make easily at home.
Ingredients & its measurements are mentioned below the video recipe
- Channa daal/Bengal gram (1 cup)
- Urad daal/ Black gram (1/2 cup)
- Rice (3 cups)
- Sabudana / Sago/ tapioca pearls (1/2 cup)
- Chakali flour(2 cups)
- White sesame seeds(1 tbsp)
- Red chilly powder (1 tbsp)
- Asafoetida powder (1/2 tsp)
- Cumin powder (1/2 tsp)
- Coriander powder (1/2 tsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Oil (2 tbsp)
- Oil to deep fry
- Roast Channa daal/Bengal gram, Urad daal/ Black gram, Rice, Sabudana / Sago/ tapioca pearls separately till it turns golden brown and powder them.
- Mix all the powder in a large bowl. Chakali flour is ready and it will last upto an year if stored in an air tight container.
- In another bowl, take 2 cups of chakali flour, heat oil (2 tsp) and pour it in the flour.
- Mix well till the oil is coated all over the flour.
- Add the White sesame seeds,Salt , Coriander powder,Cumin powder, Asafoetida powder, and mix well.
- Boil 1 cup of water and add it to the chakali flour, mix well and knead the flour. The dough for making Chakali or muruku is now ready
- Fill the chakali maker/Kitchen presser with the dough and give it a circle shape on a nonstick plate or a paper.
- Heat oil in a pan till smoking hot and then reduce the flame.
- To make straight chakali, directly add the dough with kitchen presser in hot oil.
- Deep fry the chakali till it turns crispy.
Crispy, delicious homemade chakali or muruku is now ready to be served with a hot cup of tea.