Chiwda is a rice flakes snacks made during the festival of diwali. It is one of the sweets and snacks dishes made during this festiva.
Ingredients and its measurements are given below the video.
- Rice flakes ( 4 cups)
- Peanuts (roasted, 1 cup)
- Roasted Bengal gram/Channa dal (1 cup)
- Green chillies (5, chopped)
- Dried Red chilly (1, pieces)
- Oil (5 tbsp)
- Mustard seeds (2 tbsp)
- Cumin seeds (2 tbsp)
- Curry leaves (few)
- Asafoetida/Hing (1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric (2 tbsp)
- Coriander powder (2 tbsp)
- Powdered sugar (2 tbsp)
- Roast rice flakes in a medium flame till it turns crispy.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Add green chillies, red chilly, bengal gram dal, peanut and fry in medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add curry leaves, asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and fry for couple of minutes.
- Add roasted rice flakes and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and add the powdered sugar and mix well.
Chiwda is now ready to be served with a hot cup of tea.