- Besan / Bengal Gram Flour( 2 cups)
- Carom seeds (2 tsp)
- Oil (quarter cup to knead)
- Baking soda (a pinch)
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Oil to deep fry
- In a mixing bowl, add bengal gram flour/besan, carom seeds, oil, baking soda, salt and mix well.
- Add water to make a smooth dough. The dough shoud be of sticky consistency.
- To this add 2 tablespoon of oil and knead it nicely so that the oil mixes well with the dough. After it is mixed, keep the dough aside and get the press ready.
- Grease the mold very well as the dough is quite sticky.
- Place the mold at the bottom and fill the dough a littel more than halfway to the top.
- Heat oil to deep fry.
- cover the press and once the oil is hot rotate the screw to extrude the mixture. Fry the sev on a very slow fire so that the colour does not change.
- Turn it over and allow to cook and then take it out in a kitchen towel.
- The sev is ready, all you need to do is break it into small pieces. It should be crisp yet soft.
Gathia sev is now ready to be served. Enjoy!