These jam tarts are very simple to make and a perfect delight for Christmas. It is a wonderful dish which can be made very easily.
- All purpose flour (2 cups)
- Unsalted butter(100 gms, chopped)
- Icing sugar (3 tbsp)
- Egg yolk(of 1 egg)
- Fruit jam/jam of your choice
- In a bowl add all purpose flour, unsalted butter and icing sugar. Mix it lightly and then add eggyolk to make a dough. In case it does not form a dough add of water(1 tbsp) and mix lightly.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes till the butter becomes firm again.
- Take the dough out and roll out the dough with a rolling pin. Add some all purpose flour to ensure that the dough does not stick on the board or surface.
- Cut the dough with a cookie cutter and place it in a muffin tray. Once the pastry is placed in the tray, prick it with a fork and add your favourite jam(1 & 1/2 tsp per tart). I am adding a mix fruit jam but you can add any jam of your choice. Decorate it with strips cut of the dough and bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200 degree celcius for about 15 minutes. Take it out of the oven once the pastry gets a nice golden brown colour.
Easy jam tart is now ready to be served. Enjoy!