Kadai Paneer is a flavorful paneer dish made in spices and capsicum. Kadai means wok and paneer is Indian cottage cheese. This curry is origin from Northern part of India and is famous for its flavorful taste.
- Cooking oil (3 tbsp)
- Cumin seeds (1 tsp)
- Onion (1, chopped)
- Ginger paste (1 & 1/2 tsp)
- Garlic paste (3 tsp)
- Chilly powder (1 tsp)
- Turmeric powder ( 1/2 tsp)
- Water (1/2 cup)
- Tomato puree (1 & 1/2 cup)
- Capsicum/Bell pepper (3, cut into quarters)
- Indian cottage cheese/paneer (350 gms, diced)
- Salt as per taste
- In a bowl, add chilly powder, turmeric powder, water, mix well and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add cumin seeds into it.
- Once it splutter, add chopped onion and saute till golden brown in color.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and saute till the aroma spreads.
- Add the chilly turmeric paste into it and mix well.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add capsicum and saute for about a minute.
- Add Indian cottage cheese/paneer and stir fry for 1 minute.
Delicious Kadai Paneer is now ready and can be served with Chapati, roti, naan, etc.