Kairi ka murgh or chicken with raw mango is a recipe from Hyderabad. This delicious Chicken curry is made in spices, onion & raw mango pickle.
- Cooking oil (2 tbsp)
- Chicken (1/2, cut into large cubes)
- Green chilly (1, chopped)
- Turmeric (a pinch)
- Water (1&1/2 cups)
- Onion (1 medium size, chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste(1 tsp)
- Red chilly powder (a pinch)
- Raw mango pickle (1 tbsp)
- Coriander leaves (few chopped for garnish)
- In a heavy bottom pan, add 1 tbsp of cooking oil, chicken & saute it for 8 to 10 min or till the chicken are cooked.
- Once the chicken turns brown in color, add green chilly,turmeric powder & mix it well.
- Once the raw smell of turmeric comes out, add 1 cup of water to it. Mix well & bring it to a boil.
- Close it with a lid and simmer it for 5 to 10 minutes. After simmering the chicken for 6 minutes, the chicken will be cooked. Switch off the flame and keep the chicken aside.
- Heat another pan, add 1 tbsp of oil, onion & saute well till golden brown & crispy.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook till the aroma spreads.
- Add salt, red chilly powder and mix well for 1 minute.
- Add raw mango pickle and mix well.
- Add this onion in spice and raw mango pickle mixture into the cooked chicken and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water and bring it to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, slow the flame, cover with a lid and simmer it for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
Kairi ka murgh or chicken and raw mango curry is now ready to be served.