Lauki ka halwa/Dudhi halwa or Bottle Gourd dessert recipe is a microwave recipe, It is a different version of the recipe than the original recipe as it is made in microwave. It tastes the same and is less time consuming and no mess while cooking.
- Bottle gourd/ Lauki ( skin pealed and grated, 1/2 cup after squeezing of water)
- Sugar (1/8 cup or as per your sweetness)
- Milk (1/4 cup)
- Ghee (1 tbsp)
- Almonds (4)
- Cashew nut (6)
- Raisins (6)
- Green cardamom (a pinch)
- Grate the bottle gourd and squeezed the water from it.
- Use the water for other cooking purposes as it contains lot of vitamins in it.
- Separate the grated bottle gourd from water and keep it aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the bottle gourd, sugar, milk and mix well.
- Wrap it in a cling film and microwave it for 5 minutes on high power.
- Remove the cling film and mix well.
- Add ghee and microwave it for 1 & 1/2 minutes uncovered.
- Garnish it with dry fruits like almonds , cashew nuts , green cardamom powder, raisins and mix them well.
Delicious lauki ka halwa is now ready to be served chilled. Enjoy!