Lemon rice is a specialty of South India. It is very simple to make and very experimental recipe, that is, one can try with adding nuts like cashew nuts, peanuts, etc. Below video demonstrates one from of making lemon rice.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.Add asafoetida, dried red chillies cut into two, urad dal, channa dal and peanuts.
- Cook until dals change colour to light brown.
- Add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds start to crackle, then add curry leaves. Fry for 10 seconds more.
- Next add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add boiled rice, salt and mix well. Switch off the flame and add lemon juice. Mix well very gently so that the rice grains does not break.
Garnish with grated coconut and serve hot.
You might also like: