Macaroni and cheese is a simple classic dish kids will love it as well.
- Macoroni (1 cup)
- Green peas (handful)
- Clarified butter (1/2 tsp)
- Chopped onion (1 tbsp)
- Chedar cheese (50 gms, grated)
- Cream(1/2 bowl)
- To make Macoroni & Cheese, I using macoroni made of wheat & semolina that is very good for the baby.
- In a pan, add some water and 1/2 tsp of salt & bring it to a boil.
- Once the water starts to boil, add macoroni and cook for 8 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, the macoroni will be half cooked, add handful of green peas into it and do the further cooking.
- Once the pasta & green peas are cooked, strain away the water using a strainer & keep it aside.
- In a pan, add clarified butter, chopped onion & saute well.
- Ater couple of minutes, add cream into it and mix well.
- Once it starts to boil, add the macoroni & green peas, mix it well & switch off the flame.
- Add 25 gms grated Chedar cheese & mix it well.
- Now, take an oven proof dish. Pour the macoroni & cream & chedar cheese mixture into it.
- Now sprinke some grated chedar cheese over it about 25 gm.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven of 210 degree Celcius for about 8 minutes or till the cheese starts to melt and becomes crusty
Our baked macoroni & cheese is now ready to be served. This is an all time favourite because kids love the cheesy flavor & pasta