Mango trifle is a dessert recipe great for parties, potluck or simply a get together. Its very easy to make with less efforts
- Plain Cakes (flat,1/2 inch thick, 2 layers)
- Mango Jelly (1 bowl)
- Ripe Mango (1 Kg)
- Sugar syrup (1/2 cup)
- Custard powder (2 tbsp)
- Sugar (4 tbsp)
- Milk (1/2 liter)
Peal and cut the mangoes into dices. Cut the Mango jelly into dices and keep them aside.
To make a custard
- In a cup, take custard powder, and mix it well with 1/2 cup of milk to form a custard paste, and keep it aside.
- Boil the remaining milk, add sugar and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and add the custard paste and mix well.
- Switch on the flame and cook the milk custard in a slow flame for 3 minutes.
- The custard will start to thicken, keep it aside.
To assemble the Mango trifle
- In a bake tray, layer the mango dices.
- Place the plain cakes above the mango dice layer to form a second layer.
- Pour very little sugar syrup to the cake layer to make the cake moist.
- Cover the cake with diced mango jelly to form the third layer.
- Pour the custard over it forming the fourth layer. Spread the custard all over it.
- Repeat the step 1 through step 4 for the remaining layers.
- Finish it with custard spread all over the tray.
- Refrigerate it for 1/2 hour.
- Garnish the Mango Trifle with fresh mango dices.
Mango trifle is ready to be served chill.
You might also like: