Microwave Avial for onam festival is a quick and delicious method of preparing Avial for the Onam feast
- Drumstick (1, logn cut)
- Carrot (1/2 cup, long cut)
- Beans (1/2 cup, long cut)
- Plantain/raw banana (1/2 cup, long cut)
- Curry leaves(1 twig)
- Freshly grated coconut(1 cup)
- Garlic (1 tsp, chopped)
- Onion(1 small size, cut)
- Cumin seeds (1 tsp)
- Turmeric powder (1/4 tsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Yogurt (3 tbsp)
- In a microwave safe bowl, add drumstick, carrot, beans, plantain, water (1 cup), turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
- Cover it and microwave on high power for 8 minutes or till the drumstick cooks. Stir once after 4 minutes.
- In a mixer blender, add cumin seeds, garlic, curry leaves, grated coconut, water(1/2 cup) and blend it well to make a coarse paste.
- Add this coconut paste in the cooked vegetable and mix well.
- Microwave it uncovered for 1 minute so that excess water is evaporated and we get a semi-dry Avial.
- In a bowl, add yogurt and whisk well.
- Add this whisked yogurt into the Avial and mix well. Check for salt at this time and adjust it as per your taste.
Delicious and quick Avial for Onam festival is now ready to be served. Enjoy Onam feast.