I am very excited about this post. I am currently at Mumbai on a vacation and visiting my family. This is the only time in the last 6 months that i have come to Mumbai and i plan to spend the time watching my mother in law and mom cook food for me. This weekend my Mother in law cooked a special treat for us. Her famous chicken curry. She is a great cook and the recipe that she showed me is very simple to make. I am sure that i will treasure this recipe with me and I hope you will enjoy it as well
- Chicken cut into pieces
- Green chillies
- Coriander leaves
- Turmeric powder
- Coriander seeds
- Red chillies
- Curry leaves
- Make a green paste of ginger, garlic, coriander leaves, onion and green chillies and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in pan, add coriander seeds, chopped onion and red chillies. Make it into a brown paste by adding some water to it, and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions and salt. Saute till the onion turns slightly brown.
- Add the green paste and saute. Add turmeric powder and cook.
- Add chicken pieces and saute. Add the brown paste and mix well.
- Add some water and cook till the chicken pieces are cooked.
- Add curry leaves to finish.
Delicious chicken curry is ready to be served with flat Indian bread (chapati, roti, naan) or steam rice.
You might also like: