Murgh Achar is a tangy pickle prepared with chicken and is a good accompaniment to any dish that you would like to have it with.
- Chicken (1/2 kg)
- Ginger garlic paste (3 tbsp)
- Red chilly powder (1tsp)
- Turmeric powder (1/2 tsp)
- Mustard oil (1 & 1/2 cup)
- Asafoetida powder (1/2 tsp)
- Onion (1 cup)
- Black cardamom (1/2 tsp, powdered)
- Green cardamom (1/2 tsp, powdered)
- Bay leaves (3)
- Malt vinegar (3/4 cup)
- Salt as per taste
- Fenugreek seeds (1 tsp)
- Marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste, red chilly powder, turmeric and keep it of half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated chicken and keep it aside.
- In the same oil, add the onion and asafoetida powder and fry till the onion turns brown in color.
- Add the spices like fenugreek seeds, bay leaves, black and green cardamom , and malt vinegar and bring it to boil.
- Add the fried chicken into the vinegar and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Chicken pickle is ready. Empty it in a clean jar and keep it for 2 days.
The Chicken Pickle is now ready to be served as a complement with all types of dishes.