Murgh Makhani or Butter Chicken is a North Indian dish and is famous in India and across the globe. The ingredients, measurements and methods are mentioned below the video.
- Butter (100 gms)
- Ginger paste (25 gms)
- Garlic paste (225 gms)
- Tomatoes (500 gms)
- Salt as per taste
- Ginger (1 tbsp, chopped)
- Green chillies (4, split and cut)
- Paprika powder (1 tsp)
- Cream (75 ml)
- Tandoori Chicken (of 1/2 chicken)
- Coriander leaves (10 gms, for garnish)
- Melt half the butter in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add ginger & garlic paste and saute till they are cooked.
- Add tomatoes, salt and water (2 cups), cover & simmer until mashed for about 30 minutes.
- Blend this mixture in a blender or strain it to get a smooth tomato gravy and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan, add the remaining butter, chopped ginger, green chilies and saute it over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add paprika powder, tomato gravy and bring it to boil.
- Add Tandoori Chicken and simmer for 7-8 mintues.
- Add cream and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Butter Chicken / Murgh Makhani is ready to served with Indian breads.