Nan khatai is an all time favourite cookie in India. Made popular by the street side tea stall as an accompaniment, it is very easy to make and has only a few ingredients.
An easy recipe by Chef Manish of Goa Marriott Hotel
- Ghee (100 gms)
- Icing sugar (70 gms)
- Cardamom powder (10 gms)
- Refined flour/Maida (160 gms)
- In a bowl, add ghee, icing sugar and mix it well to form a cream consistency.
- Add cardamom powder and mix again.
- Add the refined flour/maida and mix to form a soft dough
- In a baking tray, place small portion of dough leaving spaces between each cookie dough.
- Bake it in an oven for about 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
Enjoy Nan Khatai with a hot cup of Masala tea.