A very simple milk dessert, Paal ada payasam is a popular Kerala dessert dish served after meals/feast during festivals & weddings.
- Paal ada /Rice pasta bits (3 tbsp)
- Milk (1 liter)
- Sugar(1/2 cup)
- Cardamom powder (1/2 tsp)
- Ghee/Clarified butter( 1/2 tsp)
- Boil milk in a wide open vessel, add paal ada/Rice pasta bits, sugar and stir continuously for 45 minutes.
- The milk will start to thicken and color will change to pinkish.
- Add cardamom powder, ghee, mix ell. Switch off the flame.
Paal ada payasam is now ready to be served at room temperature or chilled. Enjoy!