Palak Chaat (Spinach snack) is a delicious Indian Chaat dish usually served in the evening with a cup of tea.
- Spinach leaves (20, washed & pat dry)
- Chick peas flour (1 cup)
- Salt ( 1 tsp)
- Chilly powder (1/2 tsp)
- Baking powder (a pinch)
- Oil to deep fry
- Chaat masala ( Enough to coat the pakodas)
- Onion (1/2, finely chopped)
- Tomato (1/2, finely chopped)
- Beaten Yoghurt (3 tbsp)
- Mint Chutney (1 tbsp). Click here for the recipe
- Tamarind Chutney (1 tsp). Click here for the recipe
- In a bowl, add chick peas flour, salt, chilly powder, baking powder, little by little water and mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Heat oil to deep fry.
- Dip one spinach leaf in the batter, and coat it all over.
- Deep fry this spinach leaf in oil till it turns light golden brown in color to form spinach pakoda.
- Drain away the excess oil from the spinach pakoda that is formed.
- Chop the pakodas into squares. Do the same with rest of the spinach leaves.
- Add these pakodas in a large bowl, and sprinkle some chaat masalas over it.
- Place these pakodas in a plate and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle onion & tomatoes over it in a layer.
- Add drops of beaten yoghurt over it.
- Add drops of mint chutney as the next layer.
- Finally, add drops of tamarind chutney.
- Finish it by sprinkling some more of chaat masalas.
Delicious Palak Chaat is now ready to be served. Enjoy!