- Roasted peanuts (1/2 cup)
- Onion chopped (3 medium size)
- Red chilly powder (1/2 tbsp)
- Cooking oil (2 tbsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Tamarind (1 inch)
- Soak tamarind in water for 15 minutes, squeeze it to form a tamarind pulp.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, add chopped onion and saute.
- Once the onion turns golden, add red chilly powder, roasted peanuts and saute for 3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and let the mixture to cool.
- Grind the mixture in a grinder by adding tamarind pulp to it.
Authentic Andra style peanut chutney is ready to be served with idli, dosa, chapati or bread.
You might also like: