Powder chutney is a wonderful relish with idli & dosa. It can be stored for longer period and can be used any time. This recipe is very simple and less time taking.
- Black gram dal (2 tbsp)
- Yellow chick peas (2 tbsp)
- Plain rice (2 tbsp)
- Asafoetida powder (1/2 tsp)
- Chilly powder (1 tsp or as per spicyness)
- Sugar/Jaggery powder (1 & 1/2 tsp, optional)
- Salt (1 tsp)
- Melted Ghee/Clarified butter (1 tbsp)
- Heat a wok, add Black gram dal, Yellow chick peas , Plain rice and saute till light golden brown for 3 minutes.
- Add Asafoetida powder, Chilly powder and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Empty the mixture in a grinder and allow it to cool.
- Add Sugar/Jaggery powder, salt and grind the whole mixture to form a coarse powder.
- Chutney powder is ready and can be stored in an dry container for about a month.
Server Chutney powder(1 & 1/2 tbsp) with melted ghee (1 tbsp) per person with idli & dosa.