Pongal – Rice porridge is a delicious rice preparation, a wonderful breakfast dish or meal.
- Rice (1 cup)
- Green gram daal/Moong dal (1/4 cup)
- Dried red chilly (1)
- Curry leaves (few)
- Black peppercorn (1 tsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- Soak rice & green gram dal/moong dal in water for 1/2 hour.
- Heat water in a pot, add the soaked rice and lentil, salt, black peppercorn(1/2 tsp) and bring it to boil.
- Allow the rice and lentil to cook.
- Heat oil in a pan, add peppercorn, dried red chilly, curry leaves.
- Add the cooked rice and lentils over it and mix well.
Pongal is now ready to be served hot.