Potato Stuffed Bread Pakoda is a great starter or tea time snack. It is a vegetarian dish and is very simple to make
- Bread (2 slices)
- Potatoes (2, boiled and mashed)
- Jeera/Cumin seeds (1 tsp)
- Turmeric powder (1/2 tsp)
- Coriander leaves (few)
- Bengal gram flour/Chana dal (1 cup)
- Onion (1, chopped)
- Garlic (5, chopped)
- Ginger (1 inch, chopped)
- Curry leaves (few)
- Green chilly (1, chopped)
- Red chilli powder (1/2 tsp)
- Coriander powder (1/2 tsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Coriander leaves (few, chopped)
- In a bowl, add the gram flour, red chilly powder, salt, water and mix well to form a thick batter and keep it aside.
- Heat oil(1 tbsp) in a pan, add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic saute till the aroma spreads.
- Add chopped onion, curry leaves, green chilly, turmeric powder, salt and saute till the onion turns trasparent.
- Add mashed potatoes and mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the curry leaves ( optional).
- Add coriander leaves, mix well and switch of the flame. The stuff for the bread pakoda is ready.
- Cut the bread slice into half, stuff the potatoes in between two slices to form a sandwich.
- Dip the sandwich in the Bengal gram/besan/chana dal batter and deep fry it.
- Potato stuffed bread pakoda is ready.
Remove it in a serving plate and serve it hot with tomato ketchup.