Punjabi Samosa is a famous snack across the country. It is the stuffing inside that enhances the flavor and adds taste to this dish. It is an excellent Chat. Ingredients and measurements are mentioned below the video.
- Potato (boiled & mashed, 4)
- Green peas (1/2 cup)
- All purpose flour/Maida (2 cups)
- Oil (4 tbsp)
- Coriander leaves (few, chopped)
- Ginger, garlic (chopped, 1 tsp each)
- Green chilly (1, sliced)
- Garam masala( 1 tsp)
- Dry mango powder(1/2 tsp)
- Cumin seeds/Jeera (1 tsp)
- In a bowl, add all purpose flour/maida, salt, oil and mix well so that the oil coats the flour.
- Add little by little water, knead and make a stiff dough.
- Keep the dough aside for 15 minutes
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat 1 tbsp oil, cumin seeds, ginger, garlic and saute.
- Once the aroma spreads, add green chilly, turmeric, green peas, little water and cover it with a lid and cook.
- Add salt, mashed potatoes, garam masala and mix well and cook for couple of minutes.
- Add dry mango powder and coriander leaves to finish.
- The stuffing for samosa is ready.
- Take the dough, sprinkle some dough on the wooden surface, flatten into an oval shape.
- Cut the oval in center, take one side, apply water over the edges.
- Give it a cone shape as shown in the video. Stuff the filling inside the cone.
- Stick one end with the other and fold from behind to form a samosa shape.
- Deep fry the samosas in very low flame till they turn golden brown.
Enjoy the hot samosas with ketchup, mint chutneys or as chat.