With the seasons changing and the summer advancing, the markets are flooded with raw mangoes these days. While I am eagerly waiting for the ripe mango to hit the market, I remembered some of the recipes that were made by my mom during summer. Summer would mean an endless variety of dishes made with mango. Starting with this recipe of Mango chutney in late February to the ripe mango curry with fish in May . In between we would have different varieties of mango pickle being made in the house.
This quick and easy chutney is the first of the many summer recipe featuring mango that i plan to make this summer
- Raw Mango (1 cup, pealed and cut)
- Red chilly powder (1 tsp)
- Ginger (1/2 inch)
- Curry leaves (few)
- Salt as per taste
- Grated coconut (1 cup)
- Water (1 – 2 cups)
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend them together to make a fine paste.
- Empty it in a bowl and garnish it with curry leaves.
- You can also add a tempering of mustard seed, red chilly and little asafoetida powder to enhance the taste
Raw Mango chutney is ready to be served and is best with with steamed rice, idli and dosa.