- Tamarind (100 gms, soaked in water)
- Water (enough to immerse tamarind)
- Dried ginger (2, chopped). If dried ginger is not available, use fresh ginger and double the quantity.
- Jaggery (100 gms)
- Chilly powder (1 tbsp)
- Asafoetida powder (1/2 tsp)
- Coriander seeds (1 tbsp)
- In a vessel, add tamarind, water, dried ginger, jaggery, chilly powder, asafoetida powder, coriander seeds, mix well & bring it to boil.
- Slow the flame and cook it for 15 minutes or till the gravy gets thick in consistency.
- Strain the liquid i a bowl with a strainer and extract all the flavor into it.
- The thick gravy is left in the bowl is the tamarind chutney.
- Tamarind chutney is formed and can be stored in the refrigerator upto a week.