This veg khichdi is loaded with lots of veggies, rice & lentil. It is a perfect food for the toddlers as well as elders. An easy to digest meal and an easy to prepare recipe as well.
This is a staple dish in some cuisines and enjoyed as a comfort food in India
- Rice (1/2 cup)
- Moong daal (1/2 cup, broken)
- Carrots(1/4 cup)
- Curry leaves(few)
- Cauliflower florets(1/4 cup)
- Green peas (1/4 cup)
- Salt (1 tsp or as per taste)
- In a pan add a cup of water and bring it to boil. Add washed and drained rice, moong daal/ lentils. Add 1 cup of water, diced carrot. cauliflower florets, green peas, turmeric powder, 1 tsp of salt or as per your taste, few curry leaves.
- Mix it well and bring it to a boil.
- Once it comes to boil add 1/2 cup of water and mix it well.
- Close it with the lid, reduce the flame to simmer and allow it to cook. Stir it ocassaionally in between.
- Add 1/2 cup of water little by little till the rice and vegetables are cooked well.
- Once the rice is cooked & becomes soft & the water will be evaporated, switch off the flame.
Vegetable khichidi is now ready to be served. Serve it warm along with some accompaniment like papad or pickle.