I tried out this recipe of Yam Chutney sent by Sandhya Rakesh Nair. It is an easy preparation and very delicious recipe. We enjoyed a delicious meal with yam chutney. I would like to share this wonderful, delicious and simple recipe with you. Thanks Sandhya for the recipe :).
- Yam pieces (Suran) (1 cup, brown skin removed cut in inch pieces )
- Coconut (3/4 cup)
- Tamarind ( 1 Marble size)
- Green chilly (1)
- Ginger ( 1 inch)
- Salt as per taste
- Oil (2 tbsp)
- Mustard seeds ( ¼ tbsp)
- Dried red chilly (1 )
- Curry leaves ( twig)
- Boil and cook yam adding turmeric and salt.
- Blend yam, coconut, tamarind, green chilly and ginger in a blender
- For the tampering, heat oil in a tava. Splutter mustard seeds, red chilly and curry leaves.
- Pour chutney in the tampering and bring it to boil.
You might also like: