Aloo Matar (Potato & Peas in spicy sauce) is an authentic North Indian dish, simple and can be served with all types of Indian bread.
- Cooking oil (to deep fry)
- Potatoes (2, diced)
- Cumin seeds (1 tsp)
- Asafoetida powder (a pinch)
- Turmeric powder (a pinch)
- Chilly powder (1/2 tsp)
- Coriander powder (1 tsp)
- Green peas (200 gms)
- Salt as per taste
- Water (1 cup)
- Garam masala (1 tsp)
- Green Chilly (1, split)
- Cloves (2)
- Heat oil to deep fry in a pan. Add potatoes and deep fry then till it turns light golden brown in color.
- Drain excess oil and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan, add oil (1 tbsp) and cumin seeds into it.
- Once the cumin seeds splutter, add asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder and mix well.
- Add green peas, water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add garam masala, green chilly and cloves.
- Add the fried potato dices into it and mix well.
Aloo Matar is now ready to be served with all types of Indian breads.