How to make Makhani gravy. Probably the most popular gravy in Indian cooking used as a base for Butter chicken, Paneer tawa masala and other delicacies
- Tomatoes (10, cut into halves)
- Ginger garlic paste (2 tsp))
- Red chilli powder(1 tsp)
- Butter (1 tbsp)
- Cream (100 ml)
- Green cardamom pods(4)
- Salt (1 tsp)
- Kasuri methi (a pinch, powdered)
- In a heavy bottom pan, add water (1 cup) and bring it to a boil.
- Add ginger garlic paste, green chillies, cloves, red chilli powder, green cardamom pods and mix.
- Reduce it to sauce like consistency over low heat.
- Simmer it till it becomes thick.
- After 15 mintues, tomatoes will be cooked. Strain the sauce with a strainer untill the seed and skin is left in the strainer.
- Throw away this residue.
- Pour the strained puree back into the pan and cook it for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, once the gravy comes to a boil, add butter, cream and mix well.
- Once the gravy starts to thicken, add the powdered kasuri methi about a pinch to give it a nice aroma.
- Cook it for another minute and switch off the flame.
- Makhni gravy is now ready. Swith off the flame.
Pour it in a bowl and keep it aside for making various dishes.
this dish is the basic makhani gravy used in Indian cooking.