Bhuna masala – “Basic curry masala is also known as onion tomato masala and can be used to make various curries, vegetarian and non vegetarian dishes.
- Onion (1 kg, finely chopped)
- Tomato puree (of 1 kg tomato)
- Cloves (9-10)
- Salt (1 tbsp)
- Cooking Oil(1 cup)
- Turmeric powder (1 & 1/2 tsp)
- Chilly powder (1 & 1/2 tsp)
- Water (1/2 cup)
- Ginger garlic paste (2 tbsp)
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, add cloves and allow it to crackle.
- Add onion and saute till it turns light golden brown in color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute well.
- Add salt into it and saute again in slow flame.
- In a bowl, mix turmeric, chilly powder and water and make it into a paste.
- Add this paste in the onion mixture and cook till the raw flavor of turmeric vanishes.
- Add tomato puree into it and cook till 1/2 hour in a slow flame.
- After 1/2 hour, the water will be evaporated from the onion tomato masala & oil will start leaving these vegetables.
Bhuna masala or basic curry masala is ready to be used in various curries, vegetable and non vegetarian dishes.