For the past few days, I have been attending the cooking demonstrations being held at the Hyderabad Marriott Hotel and Convention Center. Apart from some easy recipes, I have also picked up some easy tips and tricks. While I have also featured tomato chutney in the past on my blog, this recipe is a different for all the ingredients it uses.
- Tomatoes (4 medium size)
- Dried red chilly
- Salt as per taste
- Chopped garlic
- Refined oil (1 tbsp)
- Gingelly oil (1 1/2 tbsp)
- Channa dal (1/2 tbsp)
- Urad dal
- Turmeric powder (a pinch)
- Cumin seeds
- Curry leaves (few)
- Heat refined oil in a pan, add channa dal, urad dal(1/2 tbsp) and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add garlic(1/2 tbsp) and saute till the raw flavour of garlic goes.
- Add 4 red chillies, cumin seeds (1/2 tbsp) and few curry leaves and saute.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt and mix well and cook it till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Bring the mixture to room temperature and blend in blender till the mixture is coarsly ground. Empty it in a bowl and keep it aside
- Heat pan and add Gingelly oil,mustard seeds (1 tsp), urad dal, 2 dried red chillies, garlic (1 tsp), urad dal (1 tsp), cumin seeds (1 tsp) and few curry leaves. Saute well.
- Switch off the flame and pour the tempering in the chutney.
[get_posts category = “26” numberposts = 5]