Chicken Satay is a Thai Cuisine. It is made of marinated, skewered and grilled chicken with various spicy seasonings. Turmeric is an essential ingredient in marination.Satay is served with a sweet and spicy peanut sauce dip.
Below video demonstrates how to make Chicken Satay with the dip Peanut Sauce. Ingredients and its measurements are written below the video.
- Chicken breast (200 gm)
- Lemon grass (100 gm)
- Galangal (60 gm)
- Coriander powder (1 tsp)
- Cumin/Jeera powder (1 tsp)
- Turmeric powder (1/2 tsp)
- Fish sauce (1 tsp)
- Oyster sauce (1 tsp)
- Crushed peanuts(150 gm)
- Red curry paste (50 gm)
- Coconut milk (200 ml)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Satay sticks (7 no.)
- Makrut (1/2 tsp)
To make a peanut sauce
- Saute the red curry paste in oil, add coconut milk and cook.
- Add crushed peanut, sugar, salt and mix well.
Peanut sauce is ready.
To make Chicken Satay
- Cut the chicken breast into thick strips.
- Blend the lemon grass, galangal, makrut into fine paste and add it to the chicken.
- Add coriander powder, jeera/cumin powder, oyster sauce, fish sauce and mix well.
- Keep this marinated chicken for 1/2 hour.
- Skewer the marinated chicken with satay stick.
- Grease the pan with oil and grill the chicken till they are cooked.
Chicken Satay is ready to be served with peanut sauce.
You might also like:
[get_posts category=”31″ numberposts=10]