- Ginger roots (2, skin removed)
- Split black gram dal/urad dal (1 tbsp)
- Bengal gram/Channa dal (1 tbsp)
- Green chilly (1)
- Dried red chilly (2)
- Tamarind (lime size)
- Jaggery (Grated)
- Salt as per taste
- Oil (2 tbsp)
For tampering :
- Mustard seeds (1/2 tsp)
- Fresh curry leaves (few)
- Oil (1 tsp)
- Heat oil in a pan and add split gram dal/urad dal, bengal gram/channa dal and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add red chilly, green chilly and saute.
- Add the ginger and saute till it changes color.
- Switch off the flame and add the jaggery, tamarind, salt and mix well.
- Grind it in a grinder and make a coarse paste.
- In a pan, heat oil, add mustard seeds.
- Once mustard seeds splutter, add curry leaves and saute.
- Add the ginger paste in the tampering and mix well.
Ginger chutney is ready to be served as a complement with snacks like idli, dosa, addai, etc.
You might also like:
[get_posts category=”26″ numberposts=10]