- Tomato(1, chopped)
- Onion(1, chopped)
- Curry leaves (few)
- Ginger (1 inch, chopped)
- Green chilly(1, chopped)
- Rava/Semolina/Sooji (roasted, 1 cup)
- Mustard seeds (1 tsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Green Peas (boiled, 1/2 cup)
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add chopped onion and saute till it turns transparent.
- Add green chilly, ginger, curry leaves and saute.
- Add tomatoes and cook it till tender.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water, salt and bring it to boil.
- Add Semolina/Rava in the water and mix while adding it.
- Add boiled green peas to it and cook till the water evaporates.
Green Peas & Tomato Upma is ready to be served hot with Coconut chutney