Wish you a Happy Diwali and prosperous new year. On this auspicious occasion, I made some Sev. It is one of the many dishes made during diwali and is a wonderful tea time snacks .
Ingredients and its measurements are given below the video.
- Bengal gram flour/Besan (1 cup)
- Salt as per taste
- Red Chilly powder (1/2 tsp)
- Rice flour (1/2 cup)
- oil to fry
- Water to knead the dough
- In a bowl, add Bengal gram flour/Besan, salt, red chilly powder, rice flour and mix these dry ingredients.
- Add little by little water, knead it to make a stiff dough.
- In a special sev mold/kitchen presser, add the dough and press it to get a sev shape.
- Deep fry in oil till it turns light golden brown in color.
Khara sev is now ready to be served with a hot cup of tea.