Microwave chicken biriyani very quick and easy to make chicken biriyani in very less time using a microwave. Briyani cooked in one pot/bowl that takes less cleanup time as well.
- Long grain rice or Basmati rice (1/2 cup)
- Dried red chilly(1, de-seeded)
- Onion (1, chopped)
- Garlic (2 cloves)
- Cumin seeds (1/2 tsp)
- Fennel seeds (1 tsp)
- Cinnamon stick (1/2 inch)
- Green cardamom (2 along with the skin)
- Pepper corn(4)
- Salt(1 tsp)
- Water(1 tbsp)
- Oil(1 & 1/2 tbsp)
- Turmeric powder(1/2 tsp)
- Soak the rice in water for half an hour and keep it aside.
- For the spice paste, in a mixer jar, add the dried red chilly, onion, garlic, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon stick, green cardamom, cloves, peppercorn, salt(1/2 tsp), water and oil. Grind it to make a smooth paste.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chicken and the spice paste and mix it well.
- Cover it with a lid and microwave it for 3 minutes on high power.
- Remove the lid and add the turmeric powder and salt(1/2 tsp)
- Add the soaked rice along with the water and mix well.
- Cover it with a lid and microwave on high powder for 13 minutes.
Once done, separate it with a fork and serve hot. Enjoy!