Kozhikatta is a sweet rice dumpling with the filling of coconut and cardamom. It is a delicacy of kerala and made during festivals. Microwave sweet Kozhikatta recipe is made using a microwave without changing the authentic taste and flavor. Its delicious and a wonderful snack.
- Rice flour (1 cup)
- Water (1 cup)
- Coconut (1 cup)
- Cardamom powder (a pinch)
- Salt (1/2 stp)
- Ghee (3 drops)
- Sugar (3 tbsp)
- In a microwave safe bowl, pour water, ghee & salt.
- Mix well and microwave it for 4 minutes or till the water boils.
- Add the rice flour in the hot water and mix well. Aroma of the rice flour will spread.
- Allow the mixture to cool and come to room temperature.
- Knead the mixture into a soft dough. No water is needed to knead the dough, just knead the dough that is already mixed with water.
- To make the filling, In a mixing bowl, add the coconut, sugar and cardamom powder. Mix it well. The filling is ready.
- Make small balls of the rice flour dough. Now gently press at the center of the ball and form a bowl shape of the dough.
- Fill in the filling in the bowl and seal it and make a ball shape kozhikatta.
- In a microwave safe steamer, place the kohizikatta and steam in in a microwave for 6 minutes on high power.
- Prick Kohizhikatta with a toothpick to check if it is cooked well. If the tooth pick comes out clean, then Kohizhikatta is cooked well and nice.
Delicious Kozhikatta is now ready to be served once it cools down. Enjoy !