Momo is a dish from Asian Cuisine and are types of dumpling made of flour and fillings inside it. The filling could be vegetarian made of all the vegetables or non-vegetarian made of meat.
Momos Part 3 (Chicken) and Wonton demonstrates how to make Chicken Momos and Chicken Wontons.
Chilly Garlic Sauce is a good complement with both.
- Chicken mince (500 gm)
- Refined flour/ All purpose flour / Maida (250 gm)
- Garlic chopped (50 gm)
- Ginger chopped (20 gm)
- Green chilly chopped (1)
- Spring onion chopped (10 gm)
- Coriander root (10 gm)
- Arromat (20 gm)
- Crushed black pepper (10 gm)
- Sesame oil (2 drops)
- Chinese wine (1/2 tsp)
- Salt as per taste
- Oyster sauce ( 1 tsp)
- Chilly flakes (50 gm)
- Soya sauce (5 ml)
- Vinegar (10 ml)
Momos ( Chicken)
- Mix chicken, garlic, ginger, green chilly, spring onion, coriander root, crushed pepper, sesame oil, oyster sauce, Chinese wine, arromat and season with salt.
- Make semi hard dough of refined flour with water.
- Cut the dough into small pieces and with a Momo rolling pin shape them into thin cercal.
- Stuff the mixture of chicken in the thin dough cercal and shape them into different Momo shapes
- Cook the Momos in a steamer for about 15 minutes.
Server Momos hot with Chilly Garlic Sauce
- Take a spring roll sheet and cut into small square.
- Stuff the mixture of chicken that was made for chicken Momo into the spring roll sheet.
- Give it a shape of your choice or the shape as shown by the Chef in the video to form a Wonton.
- Shallow fry the Wontons in refined oil till golden brown.
Wontons are ready to be served and taste best when served with Chilly Garlic Sauce.
You might also like: