Palak Paneer is a thick curry sauce based on pureed spinach and is served with roti, naan or boiled rice.
- Spinach (250 gms)
- Green Capsicum (1, chopped)
- Water (1 liter)
- Salt as per taste
- Cooking oil (1 tbsp)
- Ginger (1 inch, sliced)
- Green chilly (1, sliced)
- Onion (1 large, chopped)
- Turmeric powder (1/2 tsp)
- Paneer/Indian cottage cheese (100 gms)
- Cook spinach in 1 liter of water by adding 1 tsp of salt.
- Strain and puree the spinach and capsicum in a blender to form a paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion and saute till golden brown in color.
- Add ginger & Green chilly and saute.
- Add turmeric powder and saute.
- Add spinach & capsicum puree.
- Add salt as per taste & cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Paneer/Indian cottage cheese and cook for about 1 minute.
- Garnish it with 1 tsp of cream
Palak Paneer is now ready to be served with roti, nan, chapati or boiled rice.