The all time favourite snack of Mumbai, is a very healthy dish with mix of many vegetables and is a good meal or snack. Enjoy
- Pav/Bread (2 pieces)
- Butter (1 tbps)
- Potato (1, boiled and mashed)
- Cauliflower (1, boiled and mashed)
- Tomatoes (4, chopped)
- Capsicum (1, chopped)
- Onion (2, chopped)
- Curry leaves (few)
- Coriander leaves (for garnish)
- Green chilly (1)
- Dried red chilly (2)
- Turmeric powder (a pinch)
- Salt as per taste
- Pav Bhaji masala (any brand, 1 -2 tbsp)
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- Mustard seeds (1 tsp)
To make Bhaji
- Heat refined oil in a heavy bottom pan, add mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds splutter, add the dried red chilly, curry leaves and saute.
- Add turmeric powder, onion, salt and saute till the onion turns golden brown.
- Add capsicum and mix well. Add green chilly split into half. Allow the capsicum to cook.
- Add pav bhaji masala and mix well till the masala is cooked.
- Add tomatoes and cook them till they are mashed.
- Add the mashed vegetables into the mixture and mix well adding water as per your requirement. (If the gravy need to be thick, add less water.)
- Bring it to boil. Pav Bhaji is ready.
Garnish the pav-bhaji masala with coriander leaves and keep them aside.
To make Pav
- Take Pav/ Bread and cut into halves.
- Heat a pan, add butter into it. Toast the Pav/Bread till golden color.
Serve hot Pav and Bhaji with a piece of lemon and chopped onion.
You might also like: